for the first time in a long time...

For the first time in a long time... I feel so blessed...


I feel blessed for the changes that I have made in my life to get me to the point that I am at now... For the first time in such a long time I put my mind to something AND was able to reach a goal... Letting no obstacle get in my way... OF COURSE i have had/done my fair share of bitching but I never gave up AND that's what counts...




Lets begin the list... (So i can always look back and smile)


1. I went back to school... I stopped going when I was 24, gave it up because I had no idea what I wanted to do... and then a boy got in my way... So after working at the hospice for over a year, I decided that I really want to help people... So i am now finishing up my associates degree so I can get my Bachelors degree in Social Work... :)




2. I lost 10 pounds... AND i am not done yet!!! I have been struggling with my weight for a very long time... I like so many people look at food for comfort... I went through a lot over this last couple years... Lots of growing up was done (not easy, many nights were spent crying with the loneliness that I felt.) and with that loneliness food was my best friend... I spent many Sundays saying that the following Monday was the start of my new life, only to fail by Wednesday... I hated wearing baggy clothes to hide my stomach... I am in my friends wedding and the thought of walking down the isle holding my breath, or during pictures sucking it in was too much... And then I tried on the dress, I couldn't fit in a size 14!!! We tried on a 16 and that was tight, and last we went for the 18... I felt like i could die... I have never in my life been this big!!!(not that their is anything wrong with that size if you are happy with yourself, but i was not) My dear friend sarah (the bride) told me i should get the 14 as encouragement to really loose the weight... I couldn't believe that someone was pushing me like I needed to be, like I kept wishing for.... SO i went to try on the dress yesterday and IT FIT!!! I could probably fit into a 12!!!! Such an amazing feeling that I want to hold onto and reflect on over my weight loss journey...




3. Eric... I know its been early but I just enjoy this guy so much!! He asked me to go to his work Halloween party with me, I said yes... He is going as Robin, His roommate and wife are going as Batman and Poison Ivy... I think I am going as cat woman... *I must rock this costume* But (super scary) I am going to meet his best friend (who is a girl) bethany... I am so nervous about this... I have gotten along with all his friends so far, but I am friends with a lot of guys and i know how I am when i meet the girl my boys bring around. I hope she how much I dig this guy and I am not going to break his heart... AND i have major confidence boost right now so I am trying not to be nervous...




So Eric just texted me that he is sick... So i am gonna bring him some homemade chicken noodle soup (from Costco) to make him feel better... :)




AND I want to post my pic of me and the dress... Pay no mind to the Bra straps :D


No comments: